Submissions EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 14!
2) Complete the form below
3) Submit your $25 submission fee
Step 1: Read the rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: CloudTop Comedy Festival is open to all comedians who are at least 21 years of age.
2. DESCRIPTION: Comedians must complete a submission form and a processing fee to CloudTop. All fees must be paid through our site, and will be processed by Paypal. Submissions will be accepted from March 1 at 9:00 AM through June 14 at 11:59 PM. Applicants will be reviewed by the CloudTop Future Comedy panel. All fees are nonrefundable.
3. ENTRY: To enter, complete a submission form below and include one YouTube video link that depicts you performing a stand-up comedy routine of five minutes in length. Video submissions cannot be a "best of" highlight reel and must be one continuous set. All submissions that are not of one continuous set will be ineligible. The video submitted as part of applicant’s entry must not be longer than five minutes in play length. If a submitted video exceeds five minutes in play length, no more than the first five minutes of the video will be reviewed. Entry is not complete until all of the following tasks are performed. Any videos with inactive links will be ineligible. All videos that are unable to be judged due to poor sound quality will be ineligible. All submission forms must be complete and received by 11:59 PM MST June 14, 2019. Applicants must provide all information requested to be eligible. Incomplete, unreadable, private video, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to notify the festival in writing if the applicant changes his/her e-mail, postal address, or phone number during the submission period. Each submission must include a payment through Paypal. Applicants are welcome send in multiple submissions during the open submission process, but will not be refunded for multiple submissions.
4. MATERIAL: All items submitted will become the property of the festival for judging, and will not be returned to applicant. "Material" includes to the extent applicable (a) any information (e.g., comedy routine, video, headshot) submitted by you or in connection with the festival; (b) your name, likeness, voice, and image; and (c) all photographs, recordings, audiovisual, writings, biographical, statements, and quotations of you and furnished to the festival by you in connection with your participation in the festival. Do not submit any material of anyone other than yourself. By submitting material, you represent and warrant to the festival that (i) the material is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right of any person or entity, (ii) you have all rights necessary to submit the material to the festival in accordance with these official festival rules, and (iii) no party other than you has any right, title, or interest in and to the material or any part of the material which would impair the rights granted to festival hereunder. Material must not contain nudity, or any unlawful acts.
5. QUALIFYING NOTIFICATION: All materials submitted during the submission period will be reviewed by a committee selected by the festival. Material, stage presence, and originality will be equally considered in the committees review of applicants. Applicant reviewing will take place in mid-June. Each of the accepted applicants will be notified via email on or about July 5, 2019 and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt within 14 days. The failure to respond within 14 days of notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the festival and, in such case, festival will select an alternate applicant from among all remaining Entries submitted. Non-accepted applicants will be not be notified by email.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By submitting, Applicants/Performers agree to be bound by all rules set forth by CloudTop Comedy Festival, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, or from participation in the festival; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the festival. CloudTop disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this festival. If accepted, you grant the festival the right to record or photograph your performance, plus the right to use said recordings in any media; in whole or in part; for any purpose. CloudTop Comedy Festival reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the festival.
7. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the festival, the reputation of the festival or undermine the legitimate operation of the festival may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in the disqualification from participation in the festival. Should such an attempt be made, the festival reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
9. ATTENDANCE & CODE OF CONDUCT: All CloudTop Comedy Festival Applicants/Performers are solely responsible for their actions while at CloudTop Comedy Festival 2019 in Santa Fe, NM. Festival Applicants/Performers acknowledge that participation in CloudTop Comedy Festival is a privilege, not a right. Festival Applicants/Performers acknowledge that they not only represent themselves, but CloudTop Comedy Festival, and should not deviate from the rules of conduct set forth herein. CloudTop Comedy Festival, conducts business without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or any other classification prohibited by law. Individuals are entitled to be treated fairly and with respect. CloudTop Comedy Festival will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination against anyone on any basis. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual harassment and discrimination for race or religion. Additionally, CloudTop Comedy Festival Performers agree to no participation in activities that violate state, federal and/or local laws or CloudTop Comedy Festival policies. No use or possession of firearms, fireworks, explosives, other weapons, or dangerous chemicals. Violations of any of these rules may incur any or all of the following actions.
1. Immediate removal from activity/event.
2. Official charges being filed with local law enforcement.
3. Immediate eviction from fest accommodations.
4. CloudTop Comedy Festival reserves the right to remove Applicants/Performers/Production Members from the lineup or festival for any other reason, at any time.
10. SAFETY: CloudTop Comedy Festival is a 4-day event for individuals 21 years of age or older. Applicants/Performers are solely responsible for their health and safety while in attendance of CloudTop Comedy Festival and/or while traveling to, from, and during CloudTop Comedy Festival. Any damages, injuries, or incidents requiring monetary expenses or legal ramifications are the sole responsibility of the Applicant only.
11. PHOTOGRAPHY: CloudTop Comedy Festival will have multiple staff photographers on site during the Festival. All photos taken during CloudTop Comedy Festival by CloudTop Comedy Festival Staff, Interns or Staff Photographers is property of CloudTop Comedy Festival. Applicants/Performers give full permission to be photographed at CloudTop Comedy Festival. Applicants/Performers also give permission to CloudTop Comedy Festival and it's employees, volunteers, and interns to use these photos for promotion and advertising through the website, social media, and print.
12. FESTIVAL LINE-UP: The full festival line up will be announced on our website in July.